Eric L. Weborg, Jr. is a trial attorney who represents companies and commercial insureds in complex personal injury and construction defect cases. In addition to being a skilled trial attorney, Eric has achieved unprecedented success in disposing of cases without the need for trial, utilizing creative motion practice and superior legal researching skills.
Prior to joining Micheal V. Winchester & Associates, Eric served as a trial attorney representing commercial insureds in high exposure personal injury and trucking accident cases with one of the industry’s leaders in commercial insurance policies. Eric also served as a felony prosecutor in south Texas where he was responsible for prosecuting cases ranging from state jail felonies to first degree felonies involving habitual offenders. While working as a prosecutor, Eric was the head of civil forfeitures for the county and lead appellate counsel on multiple felony appeals.
In law school, Eric served as an intern to United States District Judge Marina Garcia Marmolejo and United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary. Between his internships with the federal court, Eric served as an extern with the United States Attorney’s Office and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
When he is not advocating on behalf of his clients, you can find Eric offshore chasing big-game fish in the Pacific Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico.
The University of Tulsa College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence, With Honor
The University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Arts, Government & History
National Government Honor Society & National History Honor Society
- All Texas Courts
- US Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Western District of Texas
Awards & AFFILIATIONS
- The Order of Barristers
- University of Tulsa Board of Advocates, Executive Board – President, 2013 – 2014
- Energy Law Journal – Notes and Comments Editor, 2013 – 2014
- University of Tulsa Military Law Society – President, 2012 – 2013
- American Legal Institute CLE Scholarship and Leadership Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Basic Corporate Law